1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);
2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);
3. Your Lord (O Muhammad ) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.
4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).
5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.
6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad ) an orphan and gave you a refuge?
7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'an, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?
8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)?
9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,
10. And repulse not the beggar;
11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces).